Query# 18-04: Options to support appropriate opioids prescribing
This project is Phase 2 of Q# 16-07. The analytical protocol has been finalized and data access has been obtained for analysis. Data analyses are nearly complete. An abstract of preliminary results has been submitted to the International Society for Pharmacoepidemiology annual meeting. The main results were presented to the Opioid Working Group of the Office of Drug Research and Surveillance, Controlled Substances Directorate of Health Canada, on March 28, 2019.
Phase 2 will look at the following questions:
* What approaches and initiatives are utilized to positively influence appropriate prescribing and reduce unnecessary variations in prescribing?
* Of the different appropriate prescribing initiatives identified is there any evidence of their impact on outcomes measures in Canada?
* How do the different appropriate prescribing initiatives compare on various outcome measures?
* What data are required to inform and support interventions on appropriate prescribing?
* What types of quality indicators are effective in monitoring appropriate prescribing and use?
For more information contact: Jessica (Lifang) Wang. Research Coordinator. [email protected] 514.934.1934 ext.44718